- August 21, 2019
- Posted by: Emily Everswick
- Category: Host Family
Have you met Leanne yet? She is a relatively new member of the Prep team. Her official roles include being a student advisor, assistant, program coordinator, and CFO (Chief Food Officer). Those roles keep her busy, but in her spare time, she is a foodie extraordinaire!
Her creativity is expressed in her love of fashion and her desire to create delicious dishes. She loves eating and cooking and discovering new restaurants while on the hunt for yummy new dishes. She loves culinary tourism, health, nutrition, food science, wine tasting, and following restaurant openings and closings.
Leanne is excited about being part of the Premier Education team. Feel free to reach out to her and get to know her. She’d love to help all members of the Premier Education team.
If you’re curious about Chinese dishes you can make with your students, here are two suggested recipes that Leanne shared with us.
I am a God’s follower from a Christian family. I love music and fashion. I am also a super foodie and a creative chef. As all our students know, I love eating and cooking very much. My family and I like to search for the tasty restaurants and every Sunday night is the regular family time for us to go out and look for the delicious dishes. We also cook, pray and enjoy the dinner together.
My interests include everything cooking-related, wineries and wine tasting, food science, following restaurant openings and closings, food distribution volunteering, food fads, health and nutrition, cooking classes and culinary tourism.
Leanne’s Home-made Chinese Dishes
Honey Walnut Shrimp
This is a “Hong Kong” Style Chinese recipe! Crispy battered shrimp tossed in creamy sauce topped with sugar coated walnuts. It’s easy to make at home and enjoy anytime.
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions: (Preparation for 10mins, Cook for15mins)
- Stir together the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and place walnuts on a cookie sheet to dry.
- Whip egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy. Stir in the cornstarch until it has a pasty consistency. Heat the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium-high heat. Dip shrimp into the cornstarch batter, and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a medium serving bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey and sweetened condensed milk. Add shrimp and toss to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle the candied walnuts on top and serve.
(THE AUTHENTIC) Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
Chicken, rice, soy sauce and shredded egg stir fried together. This is a very simple recipe. It is easy, but tasty!
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked white rice (wait till it’s cold. Never use rice that you have just cooked.)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked, chopped chicken meat
Directions: (Preparation for 5min, Cook for 10min)
- In a small bowl, beat egg with water. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add egg and leave flat for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and cut into shreds.
- Heat oil in same skillet; add onion and saute until soft. Then add rice, soy sauce, pepper and chicken. Stir fry together for about 5 minutes, then stir in egg. Now you can serve the dish hot.