- May 29, 2019
- Posted by: Emily Everswick
- Category: Exchange Students, Host Family
As you consider whether or not your family could host a Chinese student, it might be overwhelming. However, one of our host families just received a letter from a student they hosted, and it made us aware that it’s the little things that make a big difference in the lives of our students.
Here are a few quotes from our student that demonstrate our point.
- “You taught me how to play cards. The after-dinner cards-times were so much fun. Now I play it sometimes with my family and friends here in China.”
- “Thanks to you, I ate tacos for the first time in my life. It was so delicious.”
- “We went to church and listened to the priest, tell us what to do when I feel hurt. I really learned a lot from him.”
- “Every day when I came back from school, you asked me how I felt about my day. That makes me feel so warm.”
- “Mr. Rick drove me to school every morning and said goodbye to me every time. Mrs. Emily cooked delicious chocolate cookies for me. Those were such happy and precious moments to me.”
- “Riley was my wonderful sister for two weeks. We went to the place where she works, and she bought me bath bombs for my mom. My mom wants to say thanks to her. She loves those gifts so much.”
We hope these words encourage you to know you don’t have to do anything extravagant when hosting a student.
Will you pray about doing a really big thing next year and host a student?